– Valentino himself celebrates his 86th birthday with a 3-days party in Portofino with friends and family. A legend, a man with impeccable taste, a great example for any creative director in the industry. Long live to the most elegant man in the world.
– The new Luna Rossa has been launched in Trieste. A great icon in a time when the passion and the enthusiasm for the America’s Cup has dropped. Is Nostalgia good?
– Francois-Henry Pinault is among the richest people in UK. Yes, UK, not France.
– Kim Kardashian wins the CFDA Influencer Award. No doubt. The beauty industry clearly benefited from her activities. But, what about fashion?
– Men’s Shows in Milan. Emporio Armani, Furla and Scervino are among the last brands to choose a co-ed men’s and women’s presentation withdrawing from June Milan show. While Stella Mc Cartney and Alberta Ferretti will show a co-ed collection. A deep reconsideration should be done at Camera della Moda. Wouldn’t it be better to focus the Men’s at Pitti and the co-eds and Women’s in Milan?
– Philippe Plein closed 2017 with a turnover of 250 million euro and is forecasting a +15-20% for 2018. Surprising growth for a brand that probably catched the right niche of customers.
– Richemont launches Baume…what is it?