1. Timing. “As a consumer, I hate seeing something on the runway and then having to wait six months for it”
2. Investing in #women in #fashionbusiness
3. #ecommerce only
4. Fashion for #realpeople “Women are forces of this earth. We are multifaceted, complex, vulnerable yet bulletproof, and FENTY speaks to all of our intricacies”
5. The Person and the Brand. “Rihanna stayed the music, the person. But these other brands are called Fenty”.
6. Every size matters. “I’m thick and curvy right now, and so if I can’t wear my own stuff then, I mean, that’s not gonna work, right? And my size is not the biggest size. It’s actually closer to the smallest size we have: We go up to a [French size] 46”
7. Uniqueness First. “I will not back down from being a woman, from being black, from having an opinion. I’m running a company and that’s exactly what I came here to do. I don’t know if it makes people uncomfortable or not, but that’s not even my business, you know? I do know that the reason I’m here is not because I’m black. It’s because of what I have to offer. That’s what they’re invested in. And the fact that I’m black is just that: a fact.
8. Money. “The money means that I can take care of my family”
(From NYT and Bazaar USA)