Some key learnings from what happened last week.
– China is increasingly the battlefield for Brands survival and growth. Be focused, learn the rules and try not to mess with them
– Don’t be obsessed by China only. Develop a healthy Brand growth globally
– The Brand reputation comes before any personal opinion of the management. Work to preserve it together with DNA
– Don’t stop monitoring the markets and deal with them with the precious help of your local offices
– Social media people are not friends nor enemies. Keep the proper distance, especially if they earn their salary from the media
– Manage your Ego and avoid being a victim of it
– Create a team of loyal and trusted professionals, listen to them and then take key decisions.
Your team is your wild card. Friends and family won’t help.
– Brand strategy is a must. It comes before anything else. It’s the key success factor and it must be based on market analysis, focus groups, weak signals and Brand vision
– Be a student and a diplomat. Read books and exercise
– Beware of competitors. You are not managing a company, you are leading a war
And, if you want to change the world, start making your own bed (Admiral William H. McRaven)
#leadership #business #branding #strategy