1. It’s a marathon, it’s not a sprint. Ten years. Fifteen years. You’ve got to get up everyday, with a new idea, a new spin, and you’ve got to bring it to work, every day
2. CEOs can talk and blab each day about culture, but the employees all know who the jerks are. They could name the jerks for you. People just don’t want to do it
3. Any jerk can have short-term earnings. You squeeze, squeeze, squeeze, and the company sinks five years later
4. You can’t grow long-term if you can’t eat short-term. Anybody can manage short. Anybody can manage long. Balancing those two things is what management is.
5. If change is happening on the outside faster than on the inside the end is in sight
6. The world will not belong to ‘managers’ or those who can make the numbers dance. The world will belong to passionate, driven leaders – people who not only have enormous amounts of energy but who can energize those whom they lead
7. Change before you have to
8. An organization’s ability to learn, and translate that learning into action rapidly, is the ultimate competitive advantage
9. Control your own destiny or someone else will
10. Not good — great
Enough said. Food for fashion masterminds.